Atlas Machine and Supply’s application of HVOF coatings provides a longer-lasting alternative to traditional chrome plating. In most cases, Atlas can apply HVOF coatings on steel mill roll bodies, piston rods, internal pump surfaces, and other surfaces as a replacement for less-resistant chrome plating. And most important, the HVOF coatings last three to five times longer than chrome plating. Other advantages of Atlas HVOF over chrome plating are:
- Provides superior hardness in excess of 1150 Vickers
- Results in a coating of less than 1% porosity
- Capable of providing a wide range of coating materials to meet the specific demands of the application
Atlas Machine and Supply also provides its customers with certain advantages not usually offered by competitors, such as:
- Atlas performs all processes--from prepping to finishing--in house.
- Atlas provides full engineering support services.
- Atlas has quicker lead times and can typically turn a job around faster than chrome plating
- Atlas’ state-of-the-art HVOF coating booth is environmentally friendly.
- Each completed HVOF job comes with Atlas’ Quality Guarantee.
Atlas’ skilled welders have gained the confidence of its customers throughout the United States and beyond. To see a video about the longer-lasting advantages of HVOF coatings over chrome, click
HERE to go to AtlasMachineTV. And to schedule a free consultation about Atlas' HVOF capabilities, call 1-855-GO-ATLAS.